Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cupcake Recipes

Sadie's graduation from preschool was last week and I was so proud to watch her and her friends perform and collect their diplomas.  It was so cute!!  Of course, the graduation was bittersweet.  My baby is going to kindergarten next year!!!  As exciting as that is for her, it's a little scary for me.  Usually when I get emotional I bake.  It's a really good distraction.  :)  Not to mention, when your mouth is full of tasty good things it's hard to get choked up.  Easier to choke, harder to choke up.  So, here are the recipes that I thought turned out well.

Lemon Cream Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting

These cupcakes are incredibly thick, almost like a pound cupcake.  But OMG, they are truly amazing.  The only tweaking to the recipe I did was more confectioners' sugar in the frosting, and the cupcakes themselves could of used more lemon peel.

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
This recipe is also another amazing one.  The cupcakes come out with a brownie like consistency, but once again, very yummylicious.  The only tweaking I had made was maybe a few extra chips on top.  :)  The Peanut Butter Frosting was one of the easiest frostings I've ever made.  Buy vanilla and mix some peanut butter with it.  Be forewarned, the frosting is uber thick.  Best spread on the cupcake using a spatula or knife. The combination of the too was a perfect pair.

Rich Chocolate Frosting
Although I didn't care for the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes either time I made them, I did fall in love with this Chocolate Frosting.  Beware though, it is extremely rich.

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
Mmmmm....this one is one of my all time faves.  I actually try to keep them in the freezer.  Microwave for 20 seconds and top with some Cool Whip and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.  I'm actually drooling while typing this.  It's also extremely easy.  1 box of spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, and 1 cup of water. (no other ingredients!)   Mix and bake following the box's directions for cupcakes.

Rainbow Cupcakes
This one is another easy one.  Just buy a box of white cake mix.  I prefer Pillsbury, and I always add 1 cup of pudding to the mix.  It makes for an awesomely moist cupcake.  Separate the cake mix into however many colors you want....try and stick to less then 5.  Add food coloring.  (The gel is preferred.  I honestly couldn't tell you how the liquid would work.)  Then divvy up into the cupcake tins layering each color.  Bake following the box's directions.


So that's it for my yummy cupcakes.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment