Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mod Podge!

So the other night I cleaned out my cabinets and ended up with two large oat containers.  I'm not really big on throwing stuff away so I decided to Mod Podge them.  It's super easy.  First find some paper you like.  Cut it to the size of the container you are going to cover.  (I actually ended up using two sheets.)  Then paint the paper on the backside with the Mod Podge and adhere it to your container.  It's best to use a thicker paper, however you can use thinner paper.  Just make sure you thoroughly saturate the paper otherwise you will get some bubbling.
Once it's dry add any kind of paper embellishments you want. 


Now coat the entire container with the Mod Podge in order to protect it.  Finally add some ribbon around the container and maybe a pretty button or two. 
Tada!!  Now you have a pretty container to store whatever you want.







No comments:

Post a Comment